Looking for a cottage on Kennisis Lake or simply want more information ( previous sales data, current market conditions) Email us at email@example.com. We often have listings for sale that are not currently advertised that we are happy to share with you 3
Kennisis Lake is the 2nd largest lake in the Haliburton Highlands with a surface area of over 1,640 hectares (4,100 acres) in the area of Ontario just south west of Algonquin Provincial Park. From end to end, the lake is approximately 23 kilometers (14 miles) long. There is a smaller counterpart, named Little Kennisis Lake. Located within the Canadian Shield it is among deep lakes containing few minerals making the water very clean and clear, very few weeds and beautiful granite outcroppings. 1
Once considered one of cottage countries best kept secrets, the lake has proven a great investment for cottage owners over the years as Buyers search out lakes that are large but do not have a lot of constant boat trac. The area is attractive to those who are looking to experience true four season cottaging with the Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve Ltd. located at its back-door users can take advantage of some of the best snow mobile trails North American has to offer.
Whether looking for a lot that has a hard-packed sand beach, deep clean water, or even both – Kennisis Lake has many dierent types of shorelines. With a NO BOATHOUSES ALLOWED by law the shoreline is kept natural and beautiful. The way mother nature intended it to be!
Whether you are interested in buying on the lake or if you currently own and are looking for a reputable trade – we are always happy to lend a helping hand.
Chestnut Park Haliburton opened its doors in 2013 and are very proud of the results we have been able to achieve on Kennisis Lake over the years. If you are interested in our latest Kennisis Lake Market Report please send us an email to email and we will be happy to send you an updated report.
Some interesting facts include:
- The lake has a very active cottage association, www.klcoa.org, made up entirely of volunteers that hold popular years events such as the sailing regatta, Art on The Dock, Canada day reworks, and plenty of events for kids and teenagers (and yes even the adults get to share in the fun)!
- A passionate Facebook page Kennisis Lake is Better than Your Lake is a great way for residences of the lake to communicate with each other, whether it be current water levels, if there are washed out spots due to recent storms, or those looking to buy and sell items. The page shows a true community of passionate cottagers who care not only about their lake but also about their neighbors and community.
- A large marina that sells and has, boat rentals, repairs and maintenance, winter storage and of course ice cream Click here to visit the marinas Facebook Page !
- There are many public islands on the lake, perfect for exploring. Norah’s Island was donated in 2007 by Bruce Carruther and the Haliburton Highlands Land Trust under Environment Canada’s Ecological Gifts Program to the cottage association in honor of his late wife Norah ensuring the island remain protected and a place cottage owners and their families can enjoy for years to come.
- While cottage values on the lake continue to climb year over year Buyers can still get on the lake for a very reasonable price. The Lakelands Association of REALTORS® Matrix system reports that in 2019 there were 25 sales starting at $235,000, with the highest reported sale at $2,500,000 2
For more information on the lake or Haliburton please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) information from Kennisis_Lake Wikipedia
2) The Lakelands Association of REALTORS® Matrix system reports that in 2019 there were 25 sales starting at $235,000, with the highest reported sale at $2,500,000
3) Not intended to solicit Buyers or Sellers currently under contract with another brokerage